Thursday, February 10, 2005

Groundhog day!

Is a funny film, but not a great lifestyle choice. For some reason, the grindstone of daily repetition has this week, more than most, worn away my patience. No, there is a reason actually, its that ^*@!§° Phil Collins remake of Cyndie Laupers 'True Colours'. Phil Collins has a lot to answer for. My mental wellbeing since about 1988 for one. After the second time I heard it today, I launced into this post.

Anyway, generic FM is just adding another layer of repetition to my already exceedingly repetitive workday. There is also my soul-destroyingly repetitious colleague calling his mother at 11.45am on the dot every single day to re-enact the exact same conversation. I could repeat large portions of one half of it, even down to the tonality. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that he calls his mother. I just don't need to hear it.

Anyway, I move this weekend, which equals change. Apparently it's supposed to be good as a holiday. I'm sure it will be after my muscles have recovered. Thank you for listening to me whinge, that was awfully nice of you.

4 comments:

leff said...

Good luck with the move!

SuburbaMom said...

I love Cyndi Lauper's version of the song. I couldn't believe Phil Collins had done a cover when I first heard it... but it gets played all the time here because they love Phil Collins! Yes, good luck with your move.

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I just heard that song tonight when I turned on RTL2 to keep me company while I cook dinner, and I thought the same thing. Love the Cyndi Lauper version, hate the too-smooth Phil Collins version. RTL2 has that annoying way of playing the same few songs over and over and over, but just when I think I'll give up on them, they play The Cure's "Just Like Heaven" and win me back.

N. said...

D'oh! Cyndi, not Cyndie, I KNEW I'd spelt it wrong but my brain froze when I asked it 'so what's the right way then?'
Aha! Lisa, so you knew it was RTL2 right off ;)My colleague has that station on at work, and while some songs drive me to distraction (the aforementioned, the latest U2 (which is a pity cos I generally like U2), anything by Maroon 5...)
It's weird how they're really obsessed by Queen, and 80's artists like Mike Oldfield, Supertramp, and Nick Kershaw!
But they do play M, Manu Chao, The Cure and Jacques Dutronc :D