Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mostly I'm watching the telly...

Just quickly then...
1. New series of Doctor Who, well done beebs! (the intro music still gives me that tingle down the spine that I had back when I was 12 years old, the props are still suitably second rate, and the new doctor is charming)

2. Joss Whedons next experiment after Buffy 'Firefly' - a sort of frontier country and western sci-fi set 500 years in the future. Damn you Wheedon and your zippy script quips.

3. Finally got my ID card paperwork in the processing mill. Except the photos were wrong. I went to a frigging id photo place 4 months ago SPECIALLY for ID and passport photos, and they stuffed the format up (I discover the correct format, well, 4 months later). I have now condemned myself to a crappy bad hair no make up sallow washed out hair pulled back too severely type monstrosities that proclaim me to be me. Damnit.

4. Going pavement pounding round Lille tomorrow to see if I can't score myself something. I'm taking the obscenely early train, horrors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firefly is pretty good I have to agree! Don't forget to check out the film too which has just been released: Serenity.

BTW del.icio.us is 'social bookmarking' it allows other people get to see what zany and interesting sites you're bookmarking. Yahoo has its own system.

leff said...

The new doc rocks. They're still not showing it in the states. Luckily I have a bittorrent client... *cough*

But strangely enough, I just started watching Firefly recently too (just got disk 3 from netflix (mail order video rental for the uninitiated). It is pretty fun.

Eric said...

Bonjour! I just found your blog and it's quite good. Funny how we've both captured some of the same photos (snow, store windows...). Good luck